Monday, November 17, 2008

Angels & Demons #1

"I'm in Oz, he thought. And I forgot my magic slippers." (Page 29) is a very interesting and intriguing passage in the novel "Angel's & Demons". In the novel, the main character, a Harvord professor, is thrown into a whole new world within a day and this quote explains the whole novel so far. He is on the complete opposite side of the world, trying to save a city he has only studied of, from an organization that he thought had been wiped out. If you ask me, thats about as close to oz as you can get.

This passage helps me understand the novel pretty well, as the passage was earlier in and I am further into the book. The main character is pretty much trapped in the mess he was thrown into a day previous. The passage pretty much forshadowing the whole story.

I guess I can say that this quote sometimes relates to me at school or just anywhere really. I'm not like my friends, nor do I ever feel at home when I am literally at home. Sometimes, every day feels like im in Oz, with no way out. So really, even though this is a fictional story, it seems pretty real.

No comments: